A LOT – A LOT OF – ALLOT – PLENTY OF
A LOT = mult, multa, multi, multe
- I like English a lot.
A LOT OF = o multime de, o gramada de, mult, multa, multi, multe
- She learns a lot of English at school.
- My students have a lot of English knowledge.
A WHOLE LOT = mult, multa, multi, multe => se accentueaza ideea
- She learns a whole lot of English at school.
LOTS OF = o multime de, o gramada de, multa, multi, multe (mai informal)
- Unfortunately, we don’t have lots of free time.
PLENTY OF =o multime de, o gramada de, mult, multa, multi, multe (sinonim cu a lot of/lots of)
- There’s plenty of time to do that.
ALLOT = a aloca; a acorda; a imparti (prin portionare)
Time / Money / Land / Property / Work
- We have to allot much time for English.
- This business man allots a large part of his money to charity.
- He allotted all his possessions to his three sons when he wrote his will.
- The king wants to allot his land among the heirs.
- She’s going to allot much of her strive to gaining a lot of experience….