Yesterday, I ran all the way to my office thinking I wouldn’t arrive on time. Fortunately, I arrived just in time to make the coffee, too. The boss came in no time and told us that the company was having a hard time and we shouldn’t have wasted our time reading online newspapers or checking our emails. Instead, we should have saved time during the lunch break and think about some solutions. When he left, we all agreed that our jobs were a waste of time, anyway.
Then, we started to work, but one of our colleagues called. He was on holiday and he said he was having the time of his life in Saint Tropez. Unfortunately, we couldn’t talk too much on the phone because our boss went on giving us a hard time. He kept coming to our office from time to time.
“The project takes time”, I told him.
“Well, you’re the project manager and I hope it’ll be ready in due time”, he replied when he got out.
“Well, boys, it’s time to go back to work”, I said, “but don’t worry, take your time.”
After some time, the boss came again asking what we were doing.
“We’re having a good time working on the project”, I said.
“Having a good time??!? It’s high time you FINISHED it!”, he thundered.
- on time = la timp (dupa orar)
- in time = la timp (suficient de devreme ca sa faci ceva)
- in no time = rapid, aproape imediat
- have a hard time = a trece printr-un moment neplacut
- waste one’s time = a-si pierde/irosi vremea
- save time = a economisi timp
- a waste of time = pierdere de vreme
- have the time of one’s life = a-si petrece cele mai frumoase momente din viata, a se distra mai bine ca niciodata
- give somebody a hard time = a da cuiva batai de cap
- from time to time = din cand in cand
- take time = a cere timp, a lua timp
- in due time = la timpul cuvenit/potrivit
- it’s time to… = e timpul sa… (e exact momentul potrivit)
- it’s time / it’s high time + Past Simple = e timpul sa… (e trecut deja, exista intarziere)
- take your time = nu te grabi
- have a good (wonderful…) time = a se distra (de minune…)
Tradu in engleza urmatoarele propozitii, folosind expresii cu “time”:
- Trenurile romanesti nu ajung niciodata la timp.
- E adevarat ca, compania noastra de cai ferate trece printr-un moment greu zilele astea.
- Daca mergi in vacanta cu o gramada de bani, poti sa te distrezi nemaipomenit oriunde.
- E bine sa-ti iei o vacanta din cand in cand.
- Pompierii au venit la timp.
- Si ambulanta a fost acolo rapid (aproape imediat).
- Fratele ei ii da intotdeauna batai de cap.
- Daca inca n-ai invatat expresiile, atunci e timpul sa le inveti pe de rost acum.
- Daca e deja sambata, e timpul sa le inveti si sa postezi traducerea propozitiilor!
- Nu-ti pierde vremea gandindu-te ca o sa ti le amintesti oricum. N-o sa se intample! 🙂
Te-ar mai putea interesa: