GET – sensuri de baza
Get = become
Get bored / angry / tired
Get better (and better)
Get hungry / thirsty
Get accustomed to (get used to)
It gets cold in winter.
It has got much colder in the last few days.
I have got very busy lately.
I got bored as I was watching TV.
He got angry when he heard the news.
Don’t you ever get tired?
Unfortunately we all get old…
It has got(gotten) terribly cold these days.
I think your English is getting better.
Hurry up! It’s getting late.
The book I’m reading is getting more and more interesting.
Get = to receive; to buy
Get a present / things / advice … (receive)
Get a present / things … (buy)
We always get advice from our parents.
He got a very nice car for his 18th birthday.
I got a very nice dress when I was in Italy.
Get = to understand
I don’t get it = I don’t understand.
Don’t get me wrong!
Do you get it?
Get = capture, catch, hurt, kill
We’ll get them!
I’m going to get you.
This time I got him.
He went hunting and he got a rabbit and three ducks.
The police got the suspect.
Get = contact (a disease)
He got a terrible cold.
She has a poor immune system; she always gets all sorts of diseases.
Get = bring, fetch
Can you get the plate over there, please?
I got a parcel from my sister in England. I must go and get
Link pentru GET USED TO
Incearca si tu:
1. I (m-am plictisit) while I was waiting for him.
2. My cat (nu s-a obisnuit) walking on so much snow, yet..
3. Donna (s-a imbracat) and got out an hour ago.
4. Oh, I’m so glad you (te casatoresti) this year.
5. Today (se face din ce in ce mai frig) outside.
6. Nowadays (devine din ce in ce mai important) to be able to speak a foreign language.
REZOLVARE PROPOZITII SI EXPLICATIE: