PUT – PHRASAL VERBS
“Hi, Doris, how are you?”
“Hi, I’m afraid I’m not so fine…”
“You know my dog… he’s quite old…”
“… and sick, as far as I know.”
“My vet told we’d better put him down.”
“Yes, and it seems it can’t be put off.”
“Do you know Mary Black?”
“Sure, your former neighbour. Why?”
“I met her two weeks ago and she told me the same thing about her dog. She had to put him down and she was really depressed. She put on black clothes and she had even put aside some money to put up a little monument for the dog she had buried.”
“Come on… this is too much.”
“I agree… but let me tell you the whole story! It was a wooden monument and somehow it caught fire. Of course it had burnt down before she could put out the fire.”
“Poor her… Well, I guess I have to put up with the situation, I’m not going to get crazy.”
“I hope so… When I met Mary, she had put on some weight because of the grief.”
“I don’t want to put her down, but this is too much!”
- Put down = a omori (un animal bolnav); a insulta
- Put off = a amana
- Put on = a-si pune, a imbraca; a adauga, a pune (in greutate)
- Put aside = a pune de o parte, a economisi
- Put up = a ridica (o cladire, un monument)
- Put out = a stinge (un foc)
- Put up with = a se obisnui (cu o situatie)
Tradu in engleza urmatoarele propozitii:
1. Nu lasa pe maine ce poti face azi.
2. Tocmai se ridică o cladire noua de birouri in fata ferestrelor mele!
3. Ai reusit sa pui de-o parte ceva bani pentru proiect?
4. Pompierii abia au putut stinge focurile din paduri anul trecut.
5. Seful lui il insulta mereu, iar el nu mai poate sa se impace cu aceasta situatie.
6. Nu-ti pune rochia aceea! E prea stramta, iar tu ai luat in greutate in ultima vreme. Nu ti se mai potriveste.
Urmareste rezolvarea in videoclip: