PLEASE – cuvinte derivate
Joseph was so pleased to meet Liz. She was a beautiful woman and Joseph had always thought that a beautiful woman pleased anybody’s eye. So, it was a very pleasant surprise when she accepted to date him. He, of course, was also pleasantly surprised when she decided to accompany him to his house after dinner, because he had found great pleasure in talking to her.
When they arrived, Liz said she was going to cover his eyes to play a funny game. Joseph wasn’t very comfortable with this idea, but he didn’t want to displease her. So he told her to do as she pleased. Soon, he heard the music playing on the computer and he wondered why it was heavy metal when a more romantic music would have been more appropriate. He was quite displeased with the noisy sounds and he told Liz to change it. But Liz didn’t answer. Joseph called her name a few times, but, again, no answer. “What was going on?”, he wondered… and removed the scarf around his eyes.
Liz had left a note on his desk. “Dear Joseph, I was really pleased with your company and the way you behaved, but time is always money. I took 1000 pounds from the drawer. I hope you won’t find so much displeasure in that. So, thank you. Love, Liz.”
“What an unpleasant situation!” Joseph thought. “I don’t even know if I can call the police….Can you, please, give me a clue?”
Exerseaza si tu cuvintele invatate, incercand sa traduci urmatoarele propozitii:
1. A fost foarte nemultumit cand a vazut ca ii furase banii.
2. E placut sa te plimbi intr-o zi insorita.
3. Nu cred ca e o idee buna, dar fa cum iti place.
4. Peisajele noastre de la munte incanta ochiul oricui.
5. Esti multumit cu nivelul tau de engleza?
6. A spus ca era incantat sa ma cunoasca, dar fața lui arata altceva.
7. Are de gand sa-si petreaca o dupa-amiaza placut de lenesa?
8. Deja si-au aratat nemultumirea pentru modul in care au fost tratati.
9. Stiu ca nu e corect, dar nu vreau s-o nemultumesc.
10. Ce mod neplacut de a-ti petrece viata ducandu-te la o slujba care nu-ti place!
11. Oamenii incearca mereu sa gaseasca placerea si sa evite durerea.