Idioms cu GET
- get up on the wrong side of bed
- A se trezi cu fata la cearceaf
- He is very angry today. He must have got up on the wrong side of bed .
- Get a kick out of something ( someone )
- A se da in vant dupa ceva/cineva
- Her sister gets a kick out of eating icecream.
- Get a load off one’s mind
- a lua o piatra de pe inima
- My grandma’s arrival gets a load off my mind . I thought her ill.
- get the ax / get the sack / get the boot
- A fi concediat; A i se spune sa paraseasca un loc (get the boot)
- His best friend got the sack last month and he hasn’t found a new job, yet.
- The man got the boot from the meeting because he had talked rudely with the woman on the right.
- get the floor
- A primi permisiune oficiala de a vorbi unei audiente When the man got the floor , everybody stopped listening.
- Get rid of something (someone)
- A scapa / a se descotorosi de ceva (cineva)
- I’m going to get rid of my boyfriend. He is getting on my nerves .
- Get on one’s nerves A calca pe cineva pe nervi
- Get real!
- Fii realist / fii serios / “revino-ti!”
- Do you think he’ll give you the money? Get real !
- Get lost!
- Dispari! Cara-te!
- Christine, why don’t you tell your brother to get lost ?
Get a life!
Nu te mai ingrijora de lucruri marunte (traieste-ti viata!)
She is always very serious and hard-working. I told her to get a life .
- Get together
- A se aduna.
- A holiday is always an opportunity to get together with your family and friends.
- A get-together
- o adunare, o intalnire
- Americans have a special get-together for Thanksgiving.
Incearca si tu sa traduci cuvintele din paranteze folosind o expresie cu “get” si timpul corespunzator:
1. I’m in a hurry. I have to take my daughter to volleyball. She (se da in vant dupa el ) lately.
2. You (mi-ai luat o piatra de pe inima) when you promised to help my son with Maths.
3. Thanks God you are O.K. today! What happened to you yesterday? You (te-ai trezit cu fata la cearşaf) ?
4. I hope I (voi avea permisiunea sa iau cuvantul) tomorrow. I want to tell them about his behaviour at work.
5. „Where’s the painting?” „Oh, that awful thing! I (am scapat de ea) when I cleaned the house.”
6. All the family (s-a adunat) for grandpa’s 90th anniversary.
7. This terrible autumn weather (ma calca pe nervi). I can’t go anywhere.
REZOLVARE – explicatie.